Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vintage Collage


Good morning my friends....today I am sharing a card and tag which I have created for two challenges, at Our Creative Corner where they are asking us to Frame It! using whatever medium you want create a frame and make it 3-D or raised up on your card and for Joan's Gardens where for the last challenge before they take a break for the summer they are asking for a matching card and tag.

I am really happy with these and there is no stamping on the outside, none, nada, zip....it is all done with the wonderful digital image sheets that I bought from the lovely Sharon at Plumrose Lane where she has these sheets in a variety of images, bookmarks, blog headers, and much more. Be sure and stop by for a look and to make it even sweeter, she is having a sale and giveaway. See my sidebar for a direct link to her blog and the sale.


Don't you love it when you see a challenge and you know exactly what you want to do?
Well, this is that time....the night before it was posted at OCC I had fussy cut all of these images and was just going to make a card for "fun" which I don't get to do much these days as there is always something else I am creating for, sure you know the feeling. And then when I saw Joan's request I had to just make a tag and combine the two.

My card base is tan leather paper from GinaK Designs with her chocolate brown. It was just a matter of layering the elements the way that I wanted along with some distressing and a couple of rubons.





I just adore the frame that she has in one of her sheets that is ready to go after cutting it out. I added some ribbon from Stampin' Up and a couple of glitter dots that I received in some blog candy and the card is finished.

For the tag....I used the tag that Sharon has in her sheet and attached it to two of the tags from Spellbinders Standard tag set since I wanted it to have a little more room. Don't you love the music score and what looks like a pink brad? Oh yes, almost forgot to give credit where due, the tan distressed paper you see on the right tag and behind my frame is some digital paper that I bought from Paulette at TLC . Be sure and check this out as she is always giving lovely things away as freebies.

Well, now that I have given you lots to think about and two new challenges, I had better get busy around the house. Blue skies and sunshine here and I wish a wonderful day to each of you. Hope to be by later for a visit with you.

12 comments:

Selma said...

Wow Patti these are gorgeous. You have done a beautiful job layering all the elements. Thank you for joining us in the last Joan's Gardens Challenge. Be sure to watch for more fun things that we have planned for you during the summer.

Patti J said...

Patti P. - you have outdone yourself!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thank you for sharing with us :)

CraftinGranny said...

And you weren't sure about doing Vintage??? This is totally gorgeous and so creative. I love everything about it!!!! Beautiful colors and LO with fab images. Totally awesome! Have a fab day! "Hugs" Carol

Plumrose Lane said...

Oh these are absolutely gorgeous Patti ~ thank you so much for sharing them! You see... this is why I leave the 'real' creating up to you talented souls. ;D
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!
♥Sharon

www.PlumroseLane.com

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is just breathtaking, how beautiful with that grandmother, vintage feel. Love just everything about both.

Heide said...

Patti,
Stunning card, just stunning!

Carla S. said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, Patti! I love the vintage collage look you created!

Colleen said...

Patti,
Drop dead amazing! These are just wonderful I love them so much.

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is amazing! So very pretty... love all the wonderful elements!

Renee Matarese said...

Hi Patti, I got on your blog to answer a question that you asked me the other day and I'm so glad that I did. This is beautiful! You've combined some of my favorite things on this card and tag. I absolutely love birds and I love sheet music and butterflies on cards and you made a sheet music bird and butterfly so it couldn't be more perfect in my book. The question you asked me was about the chalk board on my card. I just Googled "chalk board" and then clicked images. This one popped up so I sized it to fit the little professor, printed it out and put it on my card. Take care!

Sandy Ang said...

oh what charming vintage creations

Sharon Wheet said...

Your vintage creations are stunning! I love all the work and detail. Thank you for playing along with us @ OCC. I hope that we see more of your work.