Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Almost Late for SSW!


Nothing like cutting a deadline close is there? I am loving the sketch challenges at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and I have almost left getting my card posted until too late as the challenge closes in a little less than 7 hours. This is the lovely sketch for this week....I am getting such a wonderful stash of sketches in my file.



I am also going to enter this card at Our Creative Corner this week where it is Au Naturel with a Twist.
They are asking for all neutrals (and gold/silver or metallics).  The main project must use only pale neutrals (ivory, white, beige, tan, gray) with darker neutrals (dark gray, brown, black) as accents only.  The twist is to include lace and buttons. Doesn't that sound like fun?

And to mix it up even more, I decided to make a Christmas card. I am not getting as many in as I would like but every one will be one less I am stressing over at the holidays. When I saw the natural palette, I immediately thought about my music stamp by Just for Fun stamps and the santa by Rubber Stampede.




I offstamped once before stamping the music paper with Tim Holtz distress ink, the santa was stamped with Versamark and gold embossing powder. I also decided to use another one of my Just For Fun stamps...the tree to stamp on the layer behind my santa while using more of the distress ink to sponge around my layers. My lace is a scrap piece and is layered with holiday ribbon from Walmart.

Stop by these blogs and play along if you can....I appreciate your stopping in to visit.

Card Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up ivory, Recollections caramel, DCWV gold metallic
Ink: Versamark with gold embossing powder, SU creamy caramel
Other: Martha Stewart snowflake punch, GinaK buttons, Walmart lace and holiday ribbon
Images: Rubber Stampede Santa, Just For Fun music and tree, Creative Clear Stamps Holiday Sentiments

12 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

At least you got this gorgeous card entered. Seems I have a terrible time with deadlines. Fantastic card Patti and a great sketch. "Hugs" Carol

Betty Benton said...

gorgeous Christmas card of neutrals! Someone will receive a lovely card come December!

Kathie said...

Hi Patti, I do love your card such a Vintage feel it's perfect and I see it's also a Christmas card great idea. Don't you just love this sketch I loved working with it as well and know that I'll use it again. Love your colours and the added lace and ribbon embellishments. Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Jackie Randolph said...

OMG!! this is simply gorgeous! Love the gold embossing and beautiful stamps for your card. Thanks for sharing and joining us at SSW

Jacki - SSW DT

mulberry station said...

Oh Patti, this a a gorgeous Christmas card. I love every little detail. Well done, my friend!!!
Nancy SSW-DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

Wow, gorgeous Christmas card! I love the monchromatic gold! Great image too!
Judi SSW DT

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wowzers - this is stunning! Love it all! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Rene said...

Love the colours you used! Beautiful card!

craftieodmae said...

another gorgeous beauty!!!

Sharon Basel said...

This is stunning Patti! Wow! The colors are incredible - makes this so rich and elegant. What a fantastic job with the sketch - it's perfect for the image you've used. Terrific details. Thanks for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! Always great to have your creative talent in our challenges.
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Heide said...

Patti,
I love this image! When you tire of it, like that could ever happen, send it my way! Hee, Hee!
Your card is just lovely, love the added touch of lace.

Sandy Ang said...

Such a great monochromatic christmas card. It's a beautiful colour you used to stamp