Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shopping Our Stash!! and my Craft Space!

A little while back a friend sent me a link to a new challenge site coming and they are now having a kick off open house challenge that goes through the 23rd. I had forgotten about it until yesterday and decided to check out the happenings at Shopping Our Stash where the goal is going to be to use what we have or have had for a long time. They have been having a challenge going on from May 10th through May 23rd asking you to show pictures of your crafting space. You don't have to clean up or anything, how cool is that? I had straightened my desk just before checking out this blog again, as my scrapbooking friend came yesterday to play and I wanted her to have space to work.


This picture is taken from just inside the door of my old spare bedroom that I converted to my stamping space. I had two twin beds that I converted to a pseudo daybed that my cats Salem and Sable love to lay on while I work. I started out with a drafting table and have just recently added a 4 foot fold up table to give me more space, especially when I have company to stamp. Most of my furniture in here is converted and repainted from some other use in our home in the past. I painted the chest you see and it holds my ribbon, punches, embellishments, brad and eyelets, tools and extra envelopes and such. The cabinet above has SU wheels, more embellishments such as the hardware hodgepodge and pretties kits along with extra copy paper and notebooks for my notes.
On my desk are some gift certificates and brochures that I am finishing for an order for a local beauty shop and makings for a card that I am starting.
This is a converted TV stand that I use for my Big Shot and below are embossing folders, spellbinders and various other dies. On the bottom are files holding files of scrap paper. I love looking out the window when I am working at my back flower bed and across the street to our field and barn.



These are shelves that Rick installed which hold storage boxes with decorative scissors, my embossing powders and glitters, jars with buttons and flowers and then clear storage boxes with stamps by Gina K, Flourishes, and Stampin' Up along with other companies. On top of the chest of drawers, I have all of my smaller 6x6 books of paper and a paper tray that holds some of the larger scraps. My drawers are all full of wooden SU stamps.



Here is a closer view of my desk.


Here you will see Sable as he watches me wander around the room with my camera....get back to work he says and quit goofing off! The cabinet there was a TV stand for our bedroom that my Dad made for me when I first got married, I didn't want to get rid of it so I repainted and changed  the hardware and now it houses my tools and a guillotine cutter. I hold my latest cards in boxes there until I can sort them and put them in sleeves before storing them in photo boxes. My shelf was also made by my Dad.



A quick peek in one of my closets where I store larger items, books and magazine, alterable items, along with my finished cards.

This is a look behind my door at my paper storage ....on the racks and in plastic 12 x 12 containers that hold large paper packs and one for my scrap pieces. Those two doors have shelves behind them with more alterable items and scrapbooks.

I am so glad you stopped by for a visit and hope you will come again soon. I only wish we could all be together to meet and stamp in person, but this is the next best thing.
Be sure and take your pictures now and sign in for the challenge before it ends. Take care my friends.

13 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

I had forgotten all about this Patti so thanks for the reminder. I love your craftroom and wish mine were that neat..... It's still a disaster waiting to happen......LOL I'll go take those "oh so not really wanting to share" pictures for the challenge. I think it's going be a really fun challenge blog. "Hugs" Carol

Deena said...

this room is awesome...so much storage...love it...thanks for joining in at sos this week!

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow.......what a stash!!!! Love your crafting space Patti! Looks so neat I'm in the process or de cluttering mine then maybe I'll share some pics too!

Kerrie said...

OMG... what a room, so so much crafting space!

craftieodmae said...

I'm lucky, I got to see it in real life.............it's still awesome!!!

Heide said...

Patti,
I love to get a peek into everyone's stamping area. Yours is so neat and organized. so many great ideas. My area is such a mess right now. Goal for this week clean my craft area!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thanks for sharing your space! Mine is a bedroom also, but you sure have me beat with storage space. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Colleen said...

Patti,
Your room looks great and you even know where everything is. LOL

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Wow, what a great space! And all that storage! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

Plumrose Lane said...

Just wanted to stop by to say thanks so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog but I was captivated by the lovely work space you have! Isn't wonderful to be surrounded by creativity, it helps the artistic energies flow. Thanks so much for sharing!
♥Sharon

Payne Holler Cards said...

amazing room! it must be huge! love how neatly stored everything is...and wonderful view - know you love spending time in there (-:

CarlaKH said...

What a wonderful space- such a great way to repurpose furniture too! Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Alica said...

great space - lovely organized. Love the big desk!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!