Thursday, May 19, 2011



It's time for the next challenge at Midnight Madness and I know you will want to play with this week's sketch.



I am so excited to still be showing you some of my new goodies that I am playing with...this image is another one that I picked up at McMahon Five and it is a freebie "Breast Cancer Awareness" along with papers from there --Prima's Sparkling Spring pack. I almost forgot that I also picked up these Spellbinder Labels 18 in that $100 gift pack. So what are you waiting for? You could be next months grand prize winner, just need to play along with Priscilla and the girls.





I took some creative license and colored the flowers with copics T1 as I wanted to keep the pink focus on the ribbon and I tried to make the same swirl in my ribbon at top but not sure it shows so well in the photo. I really like the soft grays with the pinks in this card and I actually used my paper tearing rulers from Plaid that I haven't touched in ions. I tore the bottom piece and the piece that I cut out to match my SB's labels and then used dots to pop it up and give some dimension. My inside was made by using flowers from Stampin' Up's set Simple Friendship, I stamped and colored one as I did the outside flowers and the small flowers I inked with Versafine onyx black and then off stamped once, so that I had a softer gray color to my solid image.
Hope you enjoy seeing this and will come back soon!! I love to have visitors and to read your comments. Hope to see you soon!

I almost forgot....want to thank MMSC for the Remarkable 3 award for last week's card. I really am honored and appreciate it so much.
Card Details'
Paper: GinaK Designs smokey slate, dp Prima Sparkling Spring, watercolor
Ink: Versafine onyx black, prismas and oms, copic
Images: McMahon Five Breast Cancer Awareness, SU Simple Friendship, sentiment Deedee's Digi
Other: Spellbinders Labels 18, pendent, Offrey rhinestones, SU flower punch, Plaid Tearing ruler, scrap ribbon

8 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful job with this sketch challenge, Patti. Love the image you have used and your perfect coloring. Nicely done!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so pretty, love the colors, image and flowers, the inside is so pretty and pleasing to look at, great job with the sketch.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I find it so amazing that we all pick different challenge spots to play at! This is so pretty, Patti! Great sketch!

Payne Holler Cards said...

i agree with Mary Anne - but I'm glad we do - get to see so many new images and techniques...this is another beauty!

craftieodmae said...

another gorgeous creation!!! You on a roll here lately, good luck!

CraftinGranny said...

What a beautiful card Patti! Had to go check out the other 3 posts I missed and they are all awesome creations. You're really keeping on top of it GF and I love what you've been doing. Have a fab weekend! "Hugs" Carol

Colleen said...

Patty,
This is very pretty, love the corner accents

marsha said...

Patti, this is just gorgeous! Love your take on this week's sketch - these are some of my favorite diecuts too! Thanks for joining us again for this week's MMSC Sketch Challenge!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT