Monday, May 9, 2011

Sketch Time at Paper Cupcakes




Happy Monday Morning and welcome to the latest challenge at There's Magic in the Air for Paper Cupcakes . This week Lucy Marino has created a fun sketch for us all to go by:




Don't you just love spring time and the new plants, seeds and gardening tools. It makes me happy to see the pretty flowers and green grass every time that I look outside and maybe because of that I adore seed packs. That is why I chose one of Nina's newest images (by the way, now available in the store) "Forget Me Not Seed Package" to use in Lucy's sketch.


I used some Doodle Rubs rub ons to create my floral border on the twill ribbon and colored a few of the flowers with Stampin' Up's Bliss Blue marker which is what I used on the forget me nots. I dove into my embellie stash and used some things that I had for a while. The rubons, metal clip and chipboard. Hope you can stop by and see the rest of the team's creations this week and play along with us, too! Looking forward to hearing from you and visiting with you later on!!

Card Details:
Paper: Sasha Collection dp, Stampin' Up groovy guava
Ink: SU markers, Versafine onyx black
other: SU twill ribbon, hemp twine, Doodle rub ons, Unk chipboard, Making Memories clip
Images: PCC Forget Me Not Seed Package, SU Silhouette Sentiments, Stampendous

9 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is really pretty, love the image and the color of the flowers. Great idea to stamp the ribbon, I always forget that. The extra details are so great the little clips and strips of DP. Love it. Hope you had a great weekend.

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh Patti this is fantastic.....love your stamped ribbon.....and the image is prefect.....awesome job my friend.....

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Just gorgeous, Patti

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a great take on that sketch and I love the coral with the blue! Thank you for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is terrific! So many wonderful elements!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi Patti,

Your new blog look is fabulous - really beautiful job on it. Your card is wonderful too - I really like the way you stamped on the twill and then colored some of it in.

I wanted to thank you for the link to my blog candy post that you placed on your sidebar. I so appreciate your support and your help getting the word out about my new endeavor. Good luck in the shopping spree drawing!

Hugs,
Linda

craftieodmae said...

I'm late getting around, sorry, you know I love the card, all your cards are fantastic! Did you go down to Moorseville this past weekend?

CraftinGranny said...

Great take on the sketch!!! Fab card! "Hugs" Carol
ps. Sorry I'm late, lots going on here. I'll email you soon.

Colleen said...

Patti,
WOW! love all the elements and the design is just fabulous. I love your Sugar Creek Hollow card as well the new challenge blog looks great.