Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sensational Saturday with Shelly's Images

It's another sensational and patriotic for me, Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow and this week we are celebrating with our sponsor Shelly's Images .



Shelly has donated this lovely patriotic, flag waving image to our DT at Sugar Creek Hollow this week and I loved playing with her. We are having a Recipe Challenge this week to create your card:

1. 3 designer papers
2. 2 die cuts
3. 1 charm

and if you are the lucky winner you can choose 3 digital images from Shelly's store. Please stop by and see her lovely work, and you may want to choose something right away!

For my card, I used some digital papers that I bought with my gift certificate from MaMahon Five last week and then a piece of star dp by Colorbok. I paper pieced her dress to get my third piece of dp in on the challenge. Don't you just love those wonky rectangles by Spellbinders? So fun!
My sentiment is a freebie that is from Paulette at Create with TLC . So true. And since it is almost Memorial Day....thought a grill would make for my perfect charm. This is my try at retro inspired and I hope that you like it.

Please stop by the blog at SCH and see what the girls have been up to....you won't be disappointed.  And as always, I invite you to join our challenge this week, I will be looking for your name and creation!

10 comments:

Heide said...

Patti,
What a great patriotic card! Love the super charm that your used, super cute.

Renee Matarese said...

Patti, this is wonderful. I love her dress and the airbrushing around her. Great, patriotic card!

Cec said...

I love the papers that you used. That muted look is so retro. Your colouring and sitressing is terrific and the charm is so much fun. I could use it for a card I have in the works.
Hugs!
Cec

CraftinGranny said...

Don't you just love those digi papers!!! Always at your finger tips. With Memorial Day and the 4th of July rapidly approaching this is a perfect card to celebrate freedom. Fantastic job Patti, Love it! "Hugs" Carol

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a great patriotic card! Love the dp.... perfection my friend!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love this card, the distressing is great as well as the paper piecing. This is great, love it! Have a great Sunday.

marsha said...

Just gorgeous Patti! Love the muted colors and the paper piecing!
Hugs,
Marsha

Kerrie said...

Great card!

Colleen said...

Patti,
You have really been busy lately! This one is right on the money! Great coloring.

Tracy Vinson said...

Hi Ms. Patti....what a lovely, primitive card you have made! Makes me want to take a picnic with some good ol' fashioned lemonade!!! The papers are just gorgeous...I am going to have to stop over there and pick me up a few of these. Just over the top this week my friend!!!