Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cherry Blossoms and Butterflies


Don't you just love that title? I do, that is the name of the focal image that I used on my card for Midnight Madness's sketch challenge this week. The digital paper is also called Cherry Blossoms along with Spring Breeze and the cute butterfly in the corner are all part of the goodies that I bought with the gift certificate that I won last month from Midnight Madness  for goodies from McMahon Five where I had a ball picking out my things. All of these things are digital, but I also picked up some paper, spellbinders and embellishments. Be sure and take a look, as I know you will see something that you like. I also used a sentiment from a set in their freebie section called "Poetry of Birds" and put it on the inside of my card.

This is my first experience with digital papers and I am sure that it won't be my last, especially since I have already used some others on my card that I posted yesterday and have some printed for my next card I am making. LOL, Do you think I like them?





Here are the sketches for this week's challenge at Midnight Madness and I am sure you will want to play with one of these.

Card Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up brown,dp McMahon Five, SU ivory
Images: McMahon Five
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress ink Walnut Stain, SU Blue Bayou
Other: Sizzix flower and leaf die, Studio G rhinestone, Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals,

9 comments:

Heide said...

Patti,
What beautiful card. Love the soft blue of the flowers and you beautiful papers.

Renee Matarese said...

This is beautiful Patti. I love that flower image with the matching paper. Such pretty colors. Thanks for playing along with Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. (and most others) I love seeing your beautiful work.
~Renee

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You're blog is looking mighty spiffy, Patti! Great look! Another gorgeous card. It is so very put together!

Kathy and Lucky said...

I really love the image and the soft colors and how perfect is that paper! Lovely.

America said...

Lovely image, beautiful Designer Paper and color combo. Great job on sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Hope to see you again next time. :)

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is gorgeous! I love the browns and blues and such pretty paper and image.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty... lovin the cherry blossoms! My tree is loaded with them this year (0=

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Patti!! LOVE the color combo ... one I rarely use but you've certainly inspired me to give it a try!

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this awesome creation with us over at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! I just can't wait to see what you create next challenge ... hope to see you then!

Darlene
"priscillastyles" DT

Heide said...

You made the remarkables! Great job.