Monday, February 7, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow Sketch

Good Monday evening to you all!

I am going to be unavailable later this week, but I have a couple of cards that I want to post for you to see, so this is my first post this afternoon and I will have another one later this evening....so be sure and check back.
This is my submission for the February sketch challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow . I hope you have been by to check out Tracy's images and the fun things she has going on at SCH and her own blog Primitive Paper .

I used her image "Hummingbird" and went out of my comfort zone and made a 6x6 card. Lots of the papers were from my scrap bin but the larger bg dp is from Memory Box's pack Jubilee. My butterfly was cut with the Sizzix die in both a piece of scrap pink and pink mulberry paper. I am just slightly pleased with this but not totally (just not sure how to change it)....oh well, try again another day. Go by and give this a try, the girls are super nice and they have some wonderful talent in their design team. I always learn so much from their examples.
Off to fix dinner, be back later

8 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Beautiful! Love that DP with the pink on it! Your delicate pearls are such a nice touch too! Your hummingbird is so true to the colors of our Ruby Throated H-bird here in the N.E. so I think this is great! Glad to see you back and can't wait to see what you create next.
Renee
Sugar Creek Hollow DT

Heide said...

Patti, Super card, Great SCH image!! So glad that you could join us again. Pretty papers.
Looking forward to you next work of art.
Hugs, Heide
SCH DT

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty! Love the layout! You will be missed... hurry back!

donna said...

This is just lovely Patti! Wonderful job on the sketch! thank you for joining us again this week, please visit again very soon!
donna
SCH design team

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card, I love hummingbirds.

Sharon Basel said...

This is absolutely lovely Patti! So rich looking with all the wonderful textures and those gorgeous papers you've used. It's so creative with how you've interpreted the flourishes of the sketch here. And your hummingbird is perfectly done. A very pretty card. And now I wait with anticipation for next week's challenge to enjoy your creativity again! Thanks for joining us this week at SCH :)
All the best,
Sharon, SCH-DT

marsha said...

Patti, love the hummingbird and butterfly and all that fabulous texture! Thanks so much for joining us for this weeks Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge and we hope you will come back and play again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT

Julie said...

Your card is just beautiful. I love the hummingbird and butterly. Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Julie