Monday, February 14, 2011

Out of my element for PCC

 Our challenge this week for Paper Cupcakes at our challenge blog is hosted by the lovely Gloria Westerman who is asking us to create a shape or die card with embossing or texture....and I will admit that I found this to be a true challenge as this is not something that I normally do. I found a download for a teapot on Splitcoast Stampers and after saving it, I resized it to fit in an A2 envelope and mirror imaged it so that I could score and fold it to be connected at the handle. I then handcut the teapot out.
This is such a beautiful image created by Nina...called Wildflower Bouquet. I can't wait to use in lots of different colors. Be sure and stop by the blog to check out all the other DT's creations and I hope you have time to play along with us this week. Thanks so much for stopping by....I always appreciate your sweet words.



Card details:
Card stock SU Bermuda Bay textured, Rich Razzleberry, Ivory
Ink Stampin' Up markers, Copic
Image PCC Wildflower Bouquet, SU Silhouette Sentiments
Spellbinders Nesties, Clip-unk, Ribbon- Martha Stewart

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is awesome... can't tell it was a challenge to you at all! Love the teapot shape, so cool!

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh Pattie this is just beautiful.....you nailed it.....thank you so much for the kind words....you are the sweetest.........thank you

Kerrie said...

So clever,,,, great challenge

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so sweet, I love this card, how fun to have a shape for a card.

Patti J said...

Wowzers, if this is out of your element....

What a wonderful card, Patti! You have knocked this challenge out of the park! Great job, my friend...very beautifully done!

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic !!!! I love the tea pot! Aren't you clever!

CraftinGranny said...

OMG, I am in total awe of this card. You really aced this one Patti. Love that teapot and if you don't mind I'm going to make a card for Nana Vic using the shaped card. Great color combo and beautiful coloring. "Hugs" Carol

p.s. Love your blog layout and design!

Pat said...

Hi Patti

Love your gorgeous teapot card, beautiful colours.

Pat xx