Thursday, February 3, 2011

The 23rd Psalm


The 23rd Psalm, since I was a small child has been a source of comfort to me. I see it as a promise by God to always be there! The Stampin' Sisters in Christ asked us to use the colors blue(still waters) and green (green pastures) for our creation this week.
When I first bought this set by Stampin'Up called Simple Pleasures, this bench reminded me of peace and tranquility. I love being outside, hearing the birds, looking at the greenery and the blue sky. So when I read this challenge I thought immediately of this stamp. I colored it using Copics, Prismas and SU markers.
Please stop by and check out this lovely blog, the ladies there are so nice and they create some beautiful things. Til later my friends.


card details:
base- GinaK designs Fresh Asparagus, Martha Stewart and Bazzill
ink- Versafine Onyx Black, Copics, SU and Prismas
stamps-SU
Spellbinders Labels 3 and 4

12 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Patti this is gorgeous, love this card, well love all your cards, but this one does speak to me. It was funny as you described Psalm 23 and the image, it was like you were describing me, I feel the exact same as you :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Gorgeous GF! Love the nestie layers!

craftieodmae said...

This is gorgeous, I had this set, think I still do, hope I haven't got rid of it LOL. But if I did glad to know you got it so I can come and borrow it LOL!

Colleen said...

Patti,
I also love this image, although I don't have it, I have a bench and hat that I put together to look like this.
When my first puppy was little, in the early morning we would go out on the side of the house and sit on the bench. It was so much fun because he sat in my lap and watched the cars and butterflies. I tried it with all 3 of them and it not as tranquil.

Betty Benton said...

You've colored the bench beautifully, Patti, and your sponging is so soft!! I love the little surprise of the birdhouse on the inside!!

Elizabeth said...

Patti, this card is lovely! You did a beautiful job with the coloring and I really like the shading on the sentiment! =)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! So peaceful! Gorgeous coloring.

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this - so soft and lovely and totally agree about this scripture!
just finished scrolling down through all I've missed - wow you are knocking out some incredible cards!!!
have something for you over on my blog
hugs
Linda

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card, love the sentiment.

Miesje said...

I love it! I had that stamp set years ago - I think I sold it and now I want it back! JK Great card! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! I hope to see you again next week!

Becky said...

Patti This is beautiful, inside and out! Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Nina said...

another lovely card Patti, love that image as well. This card is so soft and summery, love the image inside as well.