Monday, February 21, 2011

Bows and Buttons....


These are two of my favorite things....buttons and bows! I created my card for the challenge this week at Sugar Creek and after finishing with it I received my email from The Shabby Tea Room and they have the same challenge for this week, so I am entering this card for both sites. There are some super talented ladies on both blogs and I know if you will take the time to check these out, you will be so inspired.





This door is from Sugar Creek Hollow's set "Behold" which I absolutely love. I am happy with the way this card turned out and that I was able to create the look that I saw in my mind, this doesn't always happen. lol
I found a floral piece and the sentiment in an older retired couple of sets by Stampin' Up that I bought off of Ebay and the names were not on them. One has a wooden 6 panel door and accents and the other set is nature elements. I stamped the floral several times and hand cut to create my door swag. I layered My Mind's Eye Bohemian papers and then stamped the sentiment on a piece of GinaK ivory card stock. All of the ribbons and lace are from Walmart as well as the peralized pin. My buttons are  GinaK. I also used a Martha Stewart border punch to highlight inside the card. I hope you will have a moment to let me know what you think and I wish you all a great start to a great week.
I am also entering this card at Stampin' Sisters in Christ where the challenge is to use the color green in our project. 

19 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Hi Patti, what you've done with this door is beautiful! I love that shade of green and the lace along the border. Another fantastic card. I love seeing your creations week after week! When you get a chance to look I did a tutorial on the bow you had asked about. http://renlymatsworld.blogspot.com/2011/02/ribbon-bow-tutorial.html

Hope you keep playing our challenges! You're such a welcome addition!

~Renee
SCH DT

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty Patty!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! Love the buttons and bows, and that sentiment is wonderful too. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love your card and all the details, the door is a great image and then adding the ribbon and lace, just beautiful.

Cec said...

Very pretty. I love the bows and your door is coloured so nicely. Don't forget to enter a second time since you have used an SCH image. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Grace said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love the door image and your colors! The lace is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!!!

Unknown said...

Very neat stamp, I like that door too. Nice touch of lace as well! Thanks for coming alongside us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, love the sentiment! Good luck!

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous card, love the bows and ribbons!

Nicole said...

Great card! Love that ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room! :)

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR Designer

Colleen said...

Patti,
You are doing those doors proud gf. Love the ribbon and buttons.

Unknown said...

Very nice card. You just gotta' love buttons and bows :)Found you through SSIC. New follower.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Tracy Vinson said...

Oh Patti...you have outdone yourself and look at the beautiful blog!!! I didn't know where I was at for a minute. Girl...you keep these cards a comin'...I am loving everything I see!!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week. Would love to have you come back often. Blessings, Tracy--SCH Owner.

Heide said...

What a super card! Love what you have done with the image, and it is SCH. So glad to see you again. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs, Heide
SCH DT

Debbie said...

So very pretty ... thank you for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

Clare said...

Gorgeous card, love that door! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!! : )

marsha said...

How stunning and I love your coloring and design the SCH door! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge, we hope you will come back and play again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT

Sharon Basel said...

Patti this is so lovely. The colors are soft and beautiful and a perfect compliment to the image and the way you have it perfectly colored. Absolutely gorgeous. I love seeing your creations each week in the Sugar Creek Hollow challenges. Thanks for your support.
~Sharon~
SCH-DT