Sunday, February 27, 2011

Inside Out

Hello my friends....

I am posting a card today for two challenges, one is a sketch and the other is to decorate both the inside and outside of your card. I found the sketch challenge at   Sweet Sketch Wednesday while visiting at Sharon Besal's Blog where she is on the design team for both Sweet Sketch and my all time fav challenge site Sugar Creek Hollow . The challenge at SCH is to finish the inside as well as the outside of your card, and let me tell you that the DT at SCH have outdone themselves this week, there are some of the most beautiful cards displayed that I have ever seen. I absolutely loved the idea of this challenge as I have always loved to finish my cards on the inside, but the sketch had me thinking just a bit, I must admit.


I created an easel card, which is one of my favorite styles.
This is a picture of the card set up for display. I used 3 images from Sugar Creek Hollow in creating this; vintage, Believe and Butterfly Tile. With the Butterfly Tile image I added a bold black frame around it in my Word program to intensify the border and behind it I created my own dp using the vintage image repeatedly. The Believe image was cut out with a Clear Dollar Stamps Designer Die and then layered on to a Spellbinders Labels 4. I added an extra piece of dp on the inside flap and stamped with a flourish out of Stampin' Up's set Elements of Style to give an open space to write a note.
My flower is made with just pages from a paperback book that I ran through a Sizzix die and crumpled and sponged with black ink. I am so happy with the way this turned out and Rick (bless his heart) who has to see everything that I create says this is his favorite card that I have ever made. I hope that you like it too and will stop by both of these sites and play along with the challenges this week. So glad you stopped by.

Card Details:
Paper: SU black, riding hood red, ivory, dp K&Co black and ivory pack
Images: SCH Believe, Butterfly Tile, vintage, SU Elements of Style
Extras: Queen &Co rhinestones, Making Memories brad, linen thread SU, Die-CDS Designer Die and Spellbinders Labels 4
            GinaK buttons, Versafine Onyx Black

20 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You should be happy with the way it turned out... it's absolutely stunning!

Cec said...

Stunning card. Love the colour combination, the papers and the layout. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Donna Moore said...

This knocked me right out of my chair, love it! Absolutely beautiful!!! thanks for joining us this week!
SCH
donna

Heide said...

This is so wonderful! Love the color combo and the fantastic flower. Thanks For joining us again at SCH. Love to see your work!
Hugs, Heide
SCH DT

mulberry station said...

Wow, what a gorgeous easel card. Your DP is wonderful. i love your flower and gorgeous image. Thanks for joining us!
Nancy SSW-DT

Arlana 11426 said...

What a gorgous card. love how you decorated the inside. Great take on my sketch. Arlana@SSW!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Stunning Patti! Love everything about your card.......good luck with the challenges!

Sharon Basel said...

Patti this is GORGEOUS! So rich looking and I can't believe how many digis you used on this. I love your take on the SSW sketch and the decoration on the inside of your card is fabulous. You are so sweet to mention my blog. I think your cards are wonderful and I enjouy visiting here to see them. Thanks for playing along with Sweet Sketch Wednesday - hope you'll return again next time too.
Hugs,
Sharon
SSW-DT
SCH-DT

craftieodmae said...

Oh WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the richness of it, it's a winner in my book! Good luck!

Colleen said...

Patti,
This card is amazing! I love everything about it, the colors the flowers the inside and out. Perfection I'd say.

Linda Anderson said...

Wow Patti, your card is gorgeous, both inside and out!!! Love that flower! Stunning colors and what a wonderful take on the sketch. So glad you found us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and hope to see you every week!!!

Linda

Jeannie said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the color you used with the black and white, that great flower, and the fun buttons! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kathie said...

Hi Patti, this is a wonderful card, very very elegant. I adore your colour combo very well done. Great card.
Thanks so much for sharing it with us here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team

Silverbutterfly said...

A beautiful card, but then I love anything that has a BUTTERFLY on it. I have hundreds of BF's on my refg., freezers, SUV, jewelery, clothes, shoes, craft dies{not just one, but many} and just about any thing you can think of with a butterfly on it I've got it.

Genevieve said...

Gorgeous card Patti! Inside & out, I love the flower & the buttons, so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

Genevieve SSW-DT

Tracy Vinson said...

Oh my word....I get so stinkin' excited every time I see that someone has used a SCH image. Patti, you are a genious. Stunning, stunning, creation. Thanks for staying with us girl!

Dawn Edwards said...

Wow What a Gorgeous Card. I love the colors and all the layers. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Dawn
SCH-DT

Jackie Randolph said...

WOW!! Beautiful card inside and out!! Love this image, very elegant with your papers! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Betty Benton said...

Patti, you did an excellent job with this challenge. This card is stunning and I see that everyone else thinks the same thing!!

Renee Matarese said...

When I saw this one my jaw dropped. This is spectacular! I love the color combo and you did such a great job with all of the details. I think that the flower is adorable and the buttons were a great idea to hold open the easle card. Thank you so much for your kind words about the DT cards. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we can't wait to see what you create next!

~Renee
SCH DT