Monday, February 14, 2011

ABC Christmas and New Blog Look


I haven't played at ABC Christmas Challenge in quite a while, but saw where our friend Betty had entered a card and it spurred me on to make a Christmas card. My goal is to have my cards done early this year and I have some but need to get a move on or I will be creating like crazy come Fall. This week's challenge is a sketch:

and as I hadn't tried my new set from Stampin' Up named Come to Bethlehem, I thought it would be a perfect time. My card base is GinaK's Kraft which I sponged with Memento inks in Blue Danube and Paris Dark....I then used a scrap piece of paper that I tore to create the look of sand dunes using Memento Rich Cocoa and VersaMagic Sahara Sand. I like how this came out and would be a quick one to mass produce.

Now to my other news, you may have noticed that I made some changes to my blog look....I had wanted to try for some time to change from a two to three column blog but couldn't find clear instructions or at least clear enough for me, then a few weeks back I came across this site Plumrose Lane owned and operated by the talented Sharon . I picked up my background and sidebar tags for free and the blog header was super reasonable. She is also having a 20% off sale until the end of today, so be sure and go by and check out her selection. Sharon has very clear tutorials on how to use all of your goodies when you get them downloaded and even had a link sending me to a great site to explain how to change the amount of columns in the blog. And on my header, she was able to incorporate the picture that I took a few years back when Rick and I took a trip to Alaska. That is Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau. Let me know what you think....I tried to clean up some things and move them around, do you think I am getting into Spring cleaning mode?
So be sure and check out the challenge site and the graphics site and join in all my fun.

8 comments:

Dorte said...

Beautiful C&S card with a great image. Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Dorte xx

Betty Benton said...

First of all, let me say that card is simply wonderful!! I love it, love it, love it!! And you new blog look is terrific too -- I'll have to go check out Sharon's site. Thanks for sharing!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh your card is stunning... so very elegant! Your new blog look is amazing! Absolutely beautiful header! Want to come to my house and do some spring cleaning? Your welcome anytime, I'll have the coffee on LOL!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your new blog look...it's amazing. Especially love the banner with your photo....recognized it right away. Looks great!!!
Great card too ....great sponged background.
Happy Valentine's Day to you and Rick.

Delphine said...

This is so beautiful! I just love your card! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas and good luck! Delphine xx

craftieodmae said...

Fatastic card!!!! You and your beautiful blog!!!! Hop over to my blog, left you alittle something.

Kerrie said...

Great card!.... I like playing the ABC christmas challenge too!.... stunning ... love your blog... off to have a look!

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card!! Great take on the ABC Sketch and CAS challenge. Thanks for playing along! We will have a new one tomorrow; we hope you can play along again.
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
ABC Christmas Challenge DT