Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Jolly St. Nick!


Don't you just love that feeling you get when a card really comes together and you love it!!!
I admit that some of my cards are o.k. and some are good but this one I think is great. Not sure if it  is the rustic papers, the image or the glitter, but all together they make me smile.

I found this great sketch to use at Mojo Monday and what a fun one it is this week.  


As you may know, I am guest designing back at Doodle Pantry this month, and I wanted to use some of my images that I bought last month including this fabulous set "Jolly Saint Nicholas" . I am a fan of more vintage and retro looking Santa's and this certainly fits right in my wheel house. I used the colored Santa for this card but can't wait to try my hand at coloring the outline image that also comes in this set. I love combining images from different sets and the Christmas swag from the set "Seasonal Swags" fit perfectly with my fine fellow. I created my banner in the Silhouette Cameo software and cut it and the holly cut file from Silhouette to  decorate my card front.

Be sure to stop by Doodle Pantry soon as there is a coupon on the specials page for 25% off your order for a limited time.


Loving the glitter paper for the leaves and banner! The tag is also a cut file from Silhouette, I matched the back layer with the color picker to the green in his cap.


I had cut three of the tags when designing my card, so I made two of them into matching tags for my packages this Christmas. 


I am entering this at:
Sketch #318 at Mojo Monday .

Month long Holiday Card challenges at Beccy's Place  , you will find a new card and challenge each day along with tips and chances to win! This is for the Santa card challenge.

Card Details:

Paper: Stampin' Up cherry cobbler, Paper Studio Old World Santa, DCWV glitter pack
Stamps: Doodle Pantry 
Other: Silhouette cut files- tag and holly, ribbon from Walmart (Christmas),red embroidery floss, pop dots

11 comments:

Marsha said...

Patti, these are so nice. Love the papers and embellishment. Great use of the sketch and terrific idea to make the additional tags too. Love it that you put a strip of the plaid on the inside.

Colleen said...

Patti,
You have everything going together perfectly. Loving the santa.

craftieodmae said...

these are gorgeous, nice seeing you this morning, I'll call later.......

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas card Patti, love the traditional colours and the super tags to match.

Pat xx

Meggymay said...

A wonderful Christmas card, love the Santa image. Great tags as well.
Yvonne

Beccy said...

I absolutely agree with you Patti, your card is fabulous! I love the colours you chose, the great papers, the Santa image and the gorgeous holly banner along the top. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

L.Wilson said...

stunning! Love those 2 images together!

Dawn Frost said...

I think its a fantastic vintage card, love the papers and layout!

Kathy D. said...

I have to agree that you rocked this! As soon as the page opened I said "WOW" out loud!! I keep debating on getting that image. I love the holly cut outs on the tag. I wish I was better at the computer and felt that I could get a cameo and actually use it.

Glenda Atkins said...

Fantastic vintage card and tags, well done Patti, great showcasing of the Jolly St Nickolas image!
hugs
glenda

Lola said...

What a fabulously festive set. I love the addition of the holly and the glittery goodness. Just sweet all around!