Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sketch 134 with ADFD....


Whew, can you believe it is the last Wednesday of 2011? I hope the past few weeks have been full of love, family, friends and enjoyable activities for all of you. Our holiday season has been wonderful!
I must admit that I am glad to be getting back in the swing of things and back to a routine and time to create and visit. I have missed you all during this holiday time.

Our sketch this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday






For my card this week I used "A Child's Prayer" from A Day for Daises who is this week's sponsor. If you are this week's Grand Prize winner, you will get a $12 gift certificate to use in Tammy's store, choosing your very own beautiful stamps.




Congrats to last week's winners and top picks, we appreciate you and your support.

I wanted to keep a monochromatic look for my card, so I used the black and cream for my palette.

Be sure and stop by the SSW blog to check out the teams beautiful work for this week and grab some inspiration.

Hugs to you all and wishing you a Happy New Year and the best in 2012!
Hope to see you soon.

Card Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up ivory, dp DCWV La Creme
Ink: Tim Holtz distress inks
Other: Martha stewart punch
Images: ADFD A child's prayer, Flourishes timeless quotes, SU silhoutte sentiments

18 comments:

craftieodmae said...

good to see you back, glad you had a good Christmas, this is another beauty!!!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Sounds like you have had a wonderful couple of weeks and it is amazing that it is the end pf 2011.This is one of my favorites and you made it into such a pretty card, love the vintage feel to it.

Theresa's Studio said...

I am happy that your holiday was wonderful and that you are back. I too am trying to get back in a routine. Wishing you the very best New Year. Love your card and the image. Beautiful combo of papers and colors.

Colleen said...

Patti,
So glad you are back, I was beginning to wonder. Such a pretty image. works great with the papers you picked. Glad you had a wonderful holiday.

Jeannie said...

Just beautiful Patti! The black and cream color combo is perfect with this sweet image.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Betty Benton said...

A sweet and charming card!

Genevieve said...

Your card has such an elegant feel to it Patti, it's fab. Sounds like you have had a lovely Christmas, I hope you have a great week :)

Tc
Genevieve

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Patti! I love the papers and the sweet image! Happy New Year!

Sharon Basel said...

This is gorgeous and so elegant with those beautiful papers Patti! The image and the way you colored it is so pretty. Have a happy New Year - looking forward to creating with you in 2012!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Patti,
Wow, I love the black and cream on this card too! Lovely papers to set the mood! Very calming and serene card! Love it!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Judi

mulberry station said...

I love the black and cream colors together. It is such an elegant card. I agree with Judi, it is very calming and serene. I loved it the moment I saw it on SBS. I hope you have a wonderful New Year.
Hugs, Nancy

Linda Anderson said...

You're right Patti, it has been difficult to get into the craft room and create!! I so look forward to my routine to return! And wow, you've really packed this card with a big punch of gorgeousness!! I love it!! Happy New Year.

Linda

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card,so lovely and so full of meaning, just a fabulous piece of work.

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful monochromatic card with so much elegance. Great sketch too. Have a very Happy New Year! "Hugs"

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is a stunning creation my friend! I'm with you... can't wait for things to be back to normal and having more time to craft!

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh Patti I love the black and cream colors. Your image is on of my favorite. You have made it so perfect.Have a Happy New Year. HUGS Arlana

Pat (mspfd) said...

Patti, this is an absolutely beautiul!

Kathie said...

Hi Patti this is a stunning card one of my very favourite cards you've made whilst at SSW. The colours and design papers are just perfect. I love it and your added embellishments are the most perfect finishing touch.
Take care
Hugs
Kathie
xox