Saturday, December 3, 2011

News at Sugar Creek Hollow!!


Welcome to Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow
and a new challenge. Before I get to the challenge, let me tell you
about some changes to the Sugar Creek Hollow Design Team.

First, we are losing a couple of our wonderful designers because of
family commitments. Marsha has been with Sugar Creek Hollow
since the very beginning and her wonderful vintage designs will be
missed. While Heide hasn't been with us as long, she has
inspired us all each week with some gorgeous designs. Renee is
going to stay with the team but will be scaling back her participation.
Starting in the New Year she will become our Feature Artist and will
show us all how Recycling and Repurposing are done the vintage way when
those challenges come up. These ladies have made valuable contributions
to the Sugar Creek Hollow team and have become lovely online crafting
friends.

Next, we have three new designers coming on board and they are joining
us with their vintage beauties for the challenge this week so you can
get a preview of what they will be showing you starting in January.

Give a big welcome to:

Linda Payne from Payne Holler Cards
Peggy Marsh from The Wired Angel
Daniele Haddon from The Musings of a Chocoholic 

Now on to our challenge. With Christmas close at hand, our challenge to
you this week is to make CHRISTMAS
CARDS IN NON-TRADITIONAL COLORS
. Don't forget that we are a
vintage, shabby chic or primitive challenge and want you to create in
those styles.


We have a lovely new sponsor this week. Please welcome Delicious
Doodles who will be providing one random winner with 4 digis of her
choice. The random winner will also receive a Sugar Creek Hollow
winner's badge to display. The Design Team will also choose a Card of
the Week and the creator will also receive a badge to display and will
be in the running for a Guest Designer spot.


I had the chance to work with the image "Christmas Candle".... don't you just love it? I decided to go shabby chic this week and love these papers from My Mind's Eye. Gingham just seemed to be the perfect backdrop. I added some pleated ribbon, pearls and pink gems along with a handmade pennant to showcase my sentiment. I used various pink inks from my stash to watercolor the poinsettia. My corners were punched with a new Martha Stewart punch around the page set that I picked up last weekend. I added gold stickles over the gold on my stamen and the candle flame.





I used the same punch set to punch my border out of both of those same design papers, stamping the sentiment from Stampin' Up's set "Come to Bethlehem".


Don't forget, we also have Christmas Blog Candy for one lucky winner to be chosen from
our challenge entries
between now and Christmas Eve.

To inspire you all of our current and our new designers have created
some fabulous Christmas cards in non-traditional colors using a couple
of the images from Delicious Doodles. Looking forward to seeing what you create this week.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

marsha said...

Ooh Patti, this is so delightful! I absolutely adore the pink gingham and WOW - the ruffle at the bottom really make this so luxurious! Great design and creativity!
Hugs,
Marsha

The Wired Angel said...

This is beautiful, Patti! I love the colors that you chose for the SCH challenge and I am honored to have played along with you this week. Peggy x

Pat said...

Stunning card Patti, love the beautiful pastel colours and that image is gorgeous. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, inside and out, Patti! I love the image and the soft colors!

Daniele said...

Hi Patti, such a pretty card just popped by to say hello and let you know I'm looking forward to working with you and the rest of the team in the new year
hugs

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is stunning, I love everything about it.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, love the non traditional colours!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card that is beautiful!!

Renee Matarese said...

I'm so sorry that I missed commenting on this card before. This is such a sweet Christmas card. I love the pink and white together and the skirt and crystals are just so beautiful. I love it all.