Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sketch 150 with Digi Stamp Boutique


My first Mother's Day card for this year....and what a fabulous set of stamps from Digi Stamp Boutique to create with, don't you just love this image and sentiment from their new set, "Mother's Day" which includes the vase of flowers and 6 sentiments....such a value. They are our sponsor for this week's challenge using this fantastic sketch from Arlana. Thanks so much Sally Ann!



The Grand Prize winner will receive 6 of Sally Ann's beautiful images and a badge from Sweet Sketch Wednesday and please don't forget to leave a comment at SSW to be eligible.

For my card this week, I created a standard A2 card and I know you are saying where is my square card?--well, I needed one in just this size for someone and as you can see the sketch works wonderfully .

I colored using a copics, Stampin' Up baja breeze, blue bayou and distress inks. I have been hanging on to this beautiful pleated ribbon for a while and decided this was the special card to cut it for....do you do that? buy something and then hate to use it?


I hope to see you join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.
Wishing you all a happy day!

I am also entering my card into the following challenges. Be sure and check out these great challenge blogs.

Crafty Sentiments where they are asking us to use a digi

Use it Tuesday where this week Anything Goes and they always ask you to use something you hoarded and tell about it. My hoarded items are the pleated ribbon and the Bloosomwood dp, I used it in a commissioned project last year and haven't touched it since...although I do love the colors.

Card Details:
Paper: Gina K Designs chocolate, K&Co Blossomwood , SU baja breeze
Ink: SU markers, Distress inks, copic
Other: SU baja breeze pleated ribbon, Spellbinders carnation. oval and scalloped oval dies, Making Memories brad, Martha Stewart border punch


post signature

17 comments:

Heide said...

Super card, love the ribbon and you flowers it is just like the ones in the vase. Have a great week.
Hugs, Heide

craftieodmae said...

I love flowers and punches, you got my heart with that alone, but the layout and image is fantastic too!!!!

Cec said...

This is so pretty and I love the colour scheme.
Hugs!
Cec

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Patti! I love the color combo and pretty vase of flowers!

Pat said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Patti, love the image and all the beautiful browns and blues together with the lovely pleated ribbon.

Pat xx

mulberry station said...

It is so fun to see how you and I created with this image. I thought it was funny that we both picked the same one. I love the blue and brown together. Such a pretty color combo. your papers, pleated ribbon are so perfect. I really love the added flower. It really makes your image pop. Have a great week.
Hugs, Nancy

Esther Asbury said...

What a pretty card! I love the color combination you used!

Glenda Atkins said...

So very lovely, wonderful colour combinations and a very elegant look!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is fabulous! Love your awesome color combo!

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh I love this sweet flower vase. Your colors are so pretty. Fun to see you and Nancy do the same image. Thanks for all you do. Arlana

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is just lovely, the image and the colors as so soft and pretty. Love how you did the ribbon underneath the image and then the flower, not to mention the pretty inside, love the border.

Jeannie said...

A very pretty Mother's Day card and the colors are so soft and lovely!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Colleen said...

Patti,
Love the color combo!

Linda Anderson said...

How beautiful Patti!! Love the colors you used (brown has become my favorite). And what yummy pleated ribbon too. Gorgeous.

Linda

Jennie said...

Beautiful design Patti!!

Genevieve said...

Beautiful Mothers Day card Patti! Fabulous colour combo & adorable image. Hope you are well :)

Genevieve

Kathie said...

Hi Patti, sorry for the delay in commenting, had to get the boys ready for boarding school and then we have all come down with a tummy bug yuk and haven't been feeling that bright. Love your card such a cute image and your colours are so pretty I do love the pretty ribbon you've used and your design papers. Take care hope all is well with you.
Hugs
Kathie
xox