Monday, September 12, 2011

Going Vintage with Doodle Pantry


If you haven't had time to enter our latest challenge at Doodle Pantry which is DPDC16 and calls for you to use a Doodle Pantry image, I hope you will soon. If you do not already own one of Laurie's wonderful images, you can find several free ones here . Our new deadline is September 24th at 8:00 PM Central time.

Just for playing along with our challenge this month you will receive the new set Popsicle Ants which includes line art, colored images and digital paper. Plus you will be entered to win one of two gift certificates to the store.

For my card, I used the newly released set Vintage Slots . I also added one of the sentiments from this great set to the front of  the slot machine. Don't you just love this for those hard to create male cards. After hand cutting the image, I colored it using Stampin' Up markers and my trusty T1 copic marker and then mounting it on the die with foam dots. Very simple and quick to create. Here is a peek at the inside of my card. Now go check out the new releases and play along with us this month.


Card Details:
Paper: SU Real Red, Black and Recollections soft grey, DCWV  La Creme mat stack
Ink: SU Real Red, Going Grey, More Mustard, Olive Green and Copic T1
Other: Black satin ribbon (Dollar Tree) Spellbinders Labels 12

15 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a great card! Love the colors and the antique slot is beautifully colored and looks fabulous against your wonderful background and design. Great card, Patti!

Lorie said...

Now that is pretty awesome! It would be fun for a birthday!

Kristine said...

Great card Patti!! *Ü* I'm itchin' to create with this set too ~ the sentiments are so fun. I Love your colors here too. Have a great day!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Totally awesome, love the colours, super layout, wonderful card Patti!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Patti, how fun is this! I haven't used this set yet but I think it is great for a guy card! Great job!
Hugs, Sarah

craftieodmae said...

you always make the prettiest cards, love this one too!!!!

Patti J said...

This is wonderful, Patti! Love that you used the red and cream - very nice!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Patti,
Your slot image is fantastic! I love how you have colored it. Your papers are perfect an the whole card looks wonderful!
Hugs,
Georgia

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super,dooper totally awesome card my friend!

Vicki said...

Beautifully designed Patti! Loving your background paper too...goes so well with your image. You girls are just over the top talented! I am soooo enjoying visiting each of you.

HUGS!
Vicki

Dawn Frost said...

The black makes the slot machine just pop! I always decorate the inside of my cards, love how you did yours!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is such a great card, it truly has that vintage feel to it for that great little image and your ribbon is so elegant.

CraftinGranny said...

Oh how cute is this. I love it and it makes me want to go to Vegas again.....colored perfectly to look like a real slot from the old days and such a cute card. Got to catch, been away from the computer for a few days. "Hugs" Carol

Karen Howard said...

I'm not a gambler but this machine would tempt me anyday! Your card is fabulous and I love the color selection! Hugs, Karen

Kathy W. said...

Love the papers and the colors are perfect! Great job =)