Saturday, September 10, 2011

GD at Our Creative Corner


You probably don't remember but earlier this year one of my cards was selected to receive the Top Talent Award at Our Creative Corner and as the talent is unbelievable there, I was extremely honored.


In addition to the honor of their award I was also asked to be guest designer for this week. The theme is Wonderful Windows and is hosted by Holly Kean.
"Create a project that features a window cut out!"

I created this card using Spellbinders Labels 18 and stamps from Gina K Designs. I stamped my image and then off stamped a couple of times to get a lighter reflecting image. I cut the stamped piece and then mounted it to create a window pane effect. For the inside, I again off stamped the trees to give it a faded look and added a Christmas sentiment.


The challenges at Our Creative Corner are always exciting and fun and I enjoy joining them as much as I can....I hope that you will check out this great site and be inspired by their talented design team. Linda Couglin DT/OCC will also be joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow for our challenge this week as Guest Designer. I hope you will check out my card for that challenge as well and join in if you can. Be sure and check out my previous post this morning.

I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for this challenge so I created one other card and even though it is not posted at OCC, I wanted to give you a peek.


The window and flower pot is from a retired Stampin' Up set and that adorable bike is one that I just picked up by Kaisercraft. I love the brick embossing folder.


Now, hop on over to Our Creative Corner and take a look at the beautiful creations. And to the gang at OCC, thanks so much for asking me to be your guest designer this week! I am truly honored.

15 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous cards, congrats!!!!

Tui Nathan said...

Both of your cards are absolutely fabulous Patti and we are so honoured to have you as our Guest Designer this week.
I love how you have created the reflected trees, it looks so effective being visible through the window, a great scenic image, and I love how you have followed the theme through inside the card as well.
Thank you once again for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

Patti J said...

Congratulations!!!! Your cards are just beautiful, Patti! So happy for you - you are very deserving, my friend!

Sandra said...

Congratulations on your GDT post. Two stunning creations too.
Hugs
Sandra x

CraftinGranny said...

Congrats Patti on the GD spot. Your card is gorgeous and the second one not posted is absolutely stunning and so elegant. This this might be one of my all time favorites. Hope your weekend is going well and the weather is awesome. "Hugs' Carol

Pat said...

Well done on your GD spot Patti, and well done on two stunning cards, the first one is a great window card and I love the image and the gorgeous colours on the second. Have a great weekend.

Pat xx

Kathy and Lucky said...

You are very talented and so glad someone has awarded your talent. Love the window cards they are so pretty and serene. Congrats and you will do an awesome job with your beautiful cards.

Theresa's Studio said...

Saw your card at OCC...congrats on the guest spot. Both cards are beautiful...love that bicycle with all the flowers. I love all your beautiful creations.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great work on the window card - love the way you actually created the window pane effect with a snow scene outside - very clever. And the bicycle card is totally charming - love that bicycle and the window there is terrific too. So happy to have you on board as our guest designer this week.

Glenda Atkins said...

Both cards are so beautiful. Congrats on the GDT, well deserved.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both are totally AWESOME!

Kristin said...

Great job on both of your creations for the OCC challenge and congrats on the guest spot! I love the 'wallpaper' look from your first card, it really looks like it's in a vintage home on a winter day. Great job!

Colleen said...

Patti,
I love both cards and congrats on the spot this week. The second one caught my heart.

Sharon Wheet said...

Patti, both of your window cards are gorgeous! I love them both. I really like the one posted, how it looks as if you are looking out over a lake. The peace, the simple beauty. And the one with the lace curtains and bike, is stunning, and adventurous.
Great job!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

So stunning! I'm in love with both cards. The 2nd one is particularly unique. Sorry it took me all week to comment....I'm so happy you were able to design with us at OCC! Enjoy the weekend :)