Monday, September 26, 2011

Doodle Pantry Sweets



Well, it is Monday and I am overwhelmed....Rick and I have been away for several days and of course there is the over abundance of laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc that goes with coming home, especially it seems when you factor in my invalid MIL and getting things back in order after having someone else in your home (Rick's cousin is caregiver for us while we are gone). I still need to catch up with all of you and what you have been doing while I was away and to get some things done for the coming week. I did get this finished before we left and I wanted to post it today to show you what a great simple and fast thank you card that you can create with Doodle Pantry's set Peppermint . I also used Laurie's Minty Paper Pack.  I added the thank you sentiment from the Peppermint set and then cut with a Spellbinders die. I used Prismacolor pencils and oms to make the red on my mints and then added a star spica pen for some shine. I plan on making some more of these for my thank you cards this holiday season. As a child my Dad always had peppermints in the house at Christmas. It brings back lots of wonderful memories.

Be sure and stop by at Doodle Pantry store and take a peek at all of the new items released this month. I know that you will find something you want.

I hope to be back later on with some pictures from our trip. Take care for now and see you soon.

I am entering this at My Partner in Crafting Crime where the challenge is Sweets and Treats.....check it out!

19 comments:

Patti J said...

This is another fun set, and one that I haven't inked up yet - must do so!!! What an adorable card, Patti! Happy to hear that you are home safe and sound. Take care of yourself, and don't try to get 'it all' done in one day! Hugs...

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is wonderful! I love the kraft paper with the red and white! I hope you're less over whelmed very soon and back in the swing of things :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it Patti,it is a super thank-you card! Hope you can find time to relax a wee bit and like Patti J said don't try and do it all in one day:)

Amy Johnson said...

So sweet and pretty. I like how you lined the envelope.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Patti,
Such a pretty card with the matching background paper...I really need to try this set after seeing yours!
Hugs,
Georgia

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Patti, this is really cute! Love this set and you have used it wonderfully!
Hugs, Sarah

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Patti, this is delightful! What a lovely card!

craftieodmae said...

what a yummy sweet card!!!!! Hope you all had fun!

Payne Holler Cards said...

mmm mmm mmmm and with an envelope too!! glad you're home and looking forward to pics (-:

Pat said...

What a gorgeous card and the sweets look good enough to eat!!!! Glad you enjoyed your holiday, hope it doesn't take too long to get all your work done.

Pat xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

Scrumptious... yep that's what it is scrumptious!

Vicki said...

Patti what a sweet card! Your coloring is phenomenal! Love your design and the use of the back ground paper. Hope all gets back in order for you!

HUGS!
Vicki

Lorianna said...

This is so cute
Have to try the envelope lining!!
Hugs
Lorianna

Karen Howard said...

Your mint is really sweet and looks fabulous!

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is so cute love the layout and it couldn't get much more yummy the peppermints.

ladyjanet_56 said...

This is such a delious card, lovely image & DP’s, thank you for joining in at MPCC. Janet

Sharon Basel said...

Love this card Patti - and the matching envelope to boot. What a clever trick is that!! This looks so sweet and kind of clean and simple. Refreshing in a way!

Robin said...

fun images! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime! Robin

Dawn Frost said...

Fantastic fast and easy thank you card!