Saturday, January 5, 2013

Let's Celebrate!!

Welcome, so glad to see you this morning!
This week at Sugar Creek Hollow we are starting our challenges back
and we hope you are ready to join us!
This week's theme is celebrating something new, such as a
new job, home, love, baby or in my case a new year.


I created an easel style calendar and note holder for 2013.

I have been playing a bit with my new programs that I purchased
during Black Friday sales. I finally got my Silhouette Cameo 
machine that I had been talking about for months and months and during
the half off deal at Stampin' Up I decided to also buy the 
My Digital Studio program as well.
I must say that I love both of them and can't wait to learn 
much more about them both!

The calendar is from MDS and the scalloped background is from
Silhouette, I did an internal offset and created the next pink layer.

I took several pictures and will post those below. Love the floral lace and satin
ribbon which I added ribbon roses and buds to.




Even the back looks pretty!


Hope you have something wonderful to celebrate and will
join our team in our first challenge for 2013!

I am entering my calendar into the following challenges:

  Link up for Pink theme- A dash of pink
  In the Pink theme- pink and pearlie 
  Cute Card Thursday theme- inspired by New ( my new toys and the new year)
  Simon Says Stamp theme- New Use something new or to celebrate something new 
  Crafty Creations theme= Anything Goes
  Really Reasonable Ribbon theme- New toys and ribbon.

Project Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up textured, chocolate chip, PTI vintage ivory, My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Madison Ave
Stamps: SU Simply Soft, Send a Celebration, Define Life, Kasiercraft velvet ensemble
Silhouette scalloped label
Other: Offray ribbon flowers, Dollar Tree satin ribbon, factory outlet lace, Want2Scrap pearls, stardust pen,
Spellbinders Labels 4, Making Memories brads








post signature

20 comments:

Heather said...

What a fabulous idea Patti!! I love the colors and the stamping..and pearl centers for the flowers! I love that music paper..goes so well with the pinks! Beautiful!!
Hugs
Heather

Words and Pictures said...

What a beautiful project, Patti! I love the design idea, and you've done it so prettily with delicious colours, papers and delicate distressing.
Alison x

Pat said...

Oh my Patti this is just gorgeous, such a beautiful project, fabulous design and colours. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Pat xx

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous project, love the pale feminine colours.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Yvonne x

Lisa Carroll said...

STUNNING project! Love the soft feminine details of this.. sooo pretty! :) Thank you for playing along in the "Something New" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

Glenda Atkins said...


Awesome calendar,love the pink and browns, the beautiful lace and well I guess just everything. Wow!
hugs
Glenda

craftieodmae said...

WOW Patti, this is gorgoeus, so many details and layers, love everything about it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So soft and pretty!

Christine L said...

Hi Patti

Oooh this pink creation is so gorgeous that I wouldn't want to spoil it by writing notes!! I love the fabulous details you've added.

Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink.. see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine x

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is jaw dropping! I love all the softness and layers.

Jennie said...

LOVE this easel calendar Patti!! Definitely need to try this and beautiful colors.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is STUNNING...by the way...I love my Silhouette Cameo and know you will enjoy each and every day and will keep finding things you can do that you did not know it would do.

Judy said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love pink and brown together, and your design is gorgeous!!

xo
Judy

JoanieMc said...

Oh, how gorgeous!!!! What a fantastic creation!!! Love everything about it!! Thanks for joining Link Up for Pink challenge and hope to see more of your creations posted in our challenges.

I will follow you to see other beautiful creations you make. :)

Hugs
Joanie

Lindsey said...

This would make a fabulous gift for someone... but if it were me, I think I'd have to keep it for myself, it's just so pretty! ;) Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Creations Challenges!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh wow GF, this is so soft and stunning. What a wonderful project to display that is also very functional. I've been debating between the Cameo and the Zing so let me know how well you like your Cameo. So glad you stopped by. I'm sure hoping to get around more this year to visit. "Hugs"

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful idea, great soft colors. Very romantic look.

Esther said...

Oh my gosh, what a pretty calendar and note card holder! Would look lovely on any desk!!!
Thanks for joining us for challenge #8 at LUFP!!

Daniele said...

what a great gift idea, just loving all that pink
hugs

Judy Rozema said...

Lovely idea and creation! Thank you for playing along with Really Reasonable Ribbon!