Monday, October 1, 2012

Release Day at Doodle Pantry!


I just love the first of every month as that is when we release the newest sets created by Laurie Wilson
at Doodle Pantry and you will want to be sure and check these out for October.
I have used elements from both the Old Pistol and Shoot 'Em Saloon mini digi paper pack to create my projects.  


I made a card and gift bag for a friend's birthday coming up next spring....think I am ready or what????

He has a birthday in April, so I made a tag that slides in behind the main image using some of  the 
new digital papers and a calendar from last month's set Calendar Pocket Tag Guest Book .
I printed the page with the month that I needed which I then tore, distressed and circled his birth date.
I printed and colored the pistol a second time so that I could place
it on foam dots and give it some dimension.


Here is the inside: 


I love the rustic, distressed way this turned out and I am sure he will as well.


Pumpkin Pie Ants is a limited time free w/ purchase set, if you love Laurie's ants, you will want to pick this one up for sure!

The DPDC challenge goes live today at Noon, so be sure and stop by the blog , all we ask is for you to use a DP image on your entry and you will get this great set sent to you for free! Isn't it beautiful? It will not be in the store until after the 24th of October when the challenge ends, so if you would love to have it now....just enter our challenge!  


Thanks for stopping by....wishing you all a wonderful week!

Card Details:
Paper: Gina K Designs tanned leather, ivory, Shoot Em' Saloon digital paper
Ink: Prismacolor pencils and oms
Other: Kraft bag, Stampin' Up hardware hodgepodge, hemp twine and
Spellbinders curvy rectangle dies, foam dots



post signature

16 comments:

craftieodmae said...

woo, girl this is awesome, suits you with the gun and all LOL

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, you have really done a fabulous job showcasing this set. Love how you added the string and made a calendar tag to match the card.
Gift bag is awesome, too. Spectacular set!

Words and Pictures said...

What fun those digi papers look... and how organised are you with cards for April?!?
Alison x

Linda Anderson said...

How absolutely fabulous Patti!!! Love the rusticness (is that even a word?) of your card. So perfect and so masculine.

Linda

Jennie said...

what a great ensemble Patti! Love the CAS design and the twine on the card with tag is perfect!!!

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome gift bag and gift tag - you are way ahead of the game for April already. Love the digi papers.

auntbeespickles said...

Oh goodness Patti, this is amazing! Your friend will totally love it! Well, I love it!! Love that you decorated a gift bag to match. You have given me inspiration girl! Great job!
Hugs, Sarah

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the set, Patti! It is perfectly designed! They will so enjoy this!

Sarah said...

Wow! I had no idea how to use this image, and this has blown me away!! LOVE the matching card and bag - this is just awesome!

Donna said...

What an awesome set! Love the matching bag and card. And the sentiment on the inside of your card is great!

Debbie said...

Awesome card and bag set!! I really like decorated insides, too, but never remember to do it myself! :/
Wow, you are ready ahead, aren't you??

Dawn Frost said...

Patti awesome set! I've made things ahead of time and put them somewhere really safe so they don't get damaged...I'm still looking for them! Great set he'll love them!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Hey now, that set is right up your "shooting" alley LOL
Your coloring of that pistol is perfect! Looks so real....

Unknown said...

Fantastic set! I love how you were able to use the pistol and make it look so real!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card and tag, love the twine and tag's calendar with the Bday date circled. Fab idea! Love the finished inside too!

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is awesome, I love the feel of the card and the tag. This is one of my favorites. You've been very busy this past week.