Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Nap for Autumn


Hello friends!

Are you familiar with Sassy Cheryl's digital images?  

I first discovered Cheryl's images while designing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and fell in love with her unique designs. She features such a great variety of characters in her designs.

I recently went shopping at Sassy Cheryl's (She even has a bargain bin) and picked up some new images. I printed this cutie out the other day and colored her with distress inks and spectrum noir markers. You can find "Nature Nap Girl" here for only 50 cents...can you believe that?  

I am entering my card at Sassy Cheryl's challenge blog where the theme this week is Fall  
and at The Sweet Stop where I found this great sketch that inspired me.  


This image reminds me of what I love about Autumn...the ability to enjoy sitting outside in the cooler temperatures and maybe even taking a cat nap myself, clear blue skies and the last of summer flowers. I love the peaceful feel to Nature Nap Girl.

Thanks for the visit and I hope you will check out both of these great sites.

Card details:
Paper: GinaKDesigns chocolate brown, Stampin' Up baja breeze, SU Autumn Meadows design paper (retired)
Ink: Distress inks and Spectrum Noir
Other: Spellbinders circle and scallop rectangle dies, Martha Stewart oak leaf punch, Stampin Up linen thread and square punch, sentiment from SU Noteworthy set, Papertrey Ink buttons
post signature

12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is awesome!!!!!

Betty Benton said...

Fabulous card! Love the colors -- I sat out on my front porch today while talking to my sister on the phone and felt quite "blissful" too!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card and fabulous take on the sketch, love the button bow!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous and beautiful card! Love the sweet image! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

Colleen said...

Patti,
Oh so cute. Here it is in the 40's no sitting out for me. But I could sure use the nap! LOL Love the card.

Sassy Cheryl said...

I'll take one of those naps. :)
What a beautiful card, Patti. . .pure BLISS! Love it.
Thanks for playing in the Thinking Fall challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Fantastic card, Patti!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Love it! Your papers are perfect with her.... And .50 cents! I'm headed over there now ...
Hugs (-:

Pat said...

Lovely card Patti, great image (Sassy Cheryl has some great designs) super colouring and bp.

Pat xx

Heidi @ Stuck on Stampin said...

Hi Patti, I'm a little overdue with this message, but I just wanted to say thank you for your sweet comment you left on my blog (Stuck on Stampin) a few weeks ago in regards to my 12 Days of Christmas tutorials. It truly made my day!

Hope you have a blessed week!

P.S. Super cute blog!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Patti! Love the cute image and the leaves with the buttons! Great work! Hugs

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Patti. Love the darling image and the coloring. The papers are so pretty. Also like the leaves and cute buttons. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.