Thursday, June 30, 2011

Quick Cards

Hey gang,

Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Thursday and show you a couple of cards that I put together really fast last night for a couple of challenges that are ending today. My first one is for the Stock the Pantry challenge #3 at Doodle Pantry where we are to use one of Laurie's images. I used the image and sentiment from her set "Gingko Leaves" along with some new paper "Far East" from DCWV and a border embossing folder by Cuttlebug "Organic Flourishes" that I found on our getaway.

This second card is for the clearly inspired challenge #30 at Clear Dollar Stamps which is a sketch.



Not very happy with this one, but it is what it is....wish that I had did some distressing or sponging on the leaves to give them more depth. My image is by Clear Dollar Stamps "Pear-fect Tree and Wreath" set which I colored with my Prismas and OMS. The ribbon is Stampin' Up so saffron and the papers are scraps from my stash of leftovers.

If you are fast, there is still time to play at both of these...off to take a friend out of town for a doctor's appointment, but I will try and visit later on today. Take care and happy day!

14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

ohhhhh I love em both!!!!

Kathy D. said...

Love what you did with the sketch....using the leaves instead of a solid sheet of paper...clever!! How did you do the leaves...die or hand cut? I think the card is cute and any friend would love to have it.
Thanks for squeezing CIC30 into your schedule! Hope to see you tomorrow when challenge 31 is release...and if you check out my blog there is a sneak peak of the totally cute stamp set that comes out tomorrow with the challenge.

Cassie said...

Your CIC card is great, Patti! I love the leaf embellishments you added ;D

Kathy and Lucky said...

What great cards, I never could get something this nice quickly :) Love the embossing on the first at the bottom great addition.

K. Joy said...

Great cards, Patti! Love the leaves on your CIC card! And your Doodle Pantry card is so pretty! Love the color combo and your coloring. A very pretty CAS card! :) Thanks for playing with us at the Stock the Pantry challenge #3!

Tina Connolly said...

Lovely cards!

CraftinGranny said...

Gorgeous CAS cards Patti. Love those colors girl and awesome sketches. "Hugs" Carol

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful creations my friend!

Heide said...

Great cards Patti!
Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry.
Hugs, Heide

Kathy D. said...

So glad you got this in at the last minute because you WON at CIC!!! Congratulations.

Payne Holler Cards said...

congrats on your win!! love them both....so looking forward to seeing everyone in just a few weeks now (-:
hugs
Linda
ps hope you have a great holiday weekend

Kristine said...

Love the soft neautral colors of your first card--so peaceful and perfect with your sentiment! Thanks for playing at Doodle Pantry! *Ü*

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh so wonderful, love it -wow!. Thanks for joining the challenge at Doodle Pantry with this great entry!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, both cards are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at The Doodle Pantry! Hugs, Karen