Thursday, September 30, 2010

Heart to Heart Card Drive and Blog Candy

I was surfing the blogs that I follow day before yesterday and I came across a card created by Jennie Harper for Carolyn King's Heart to Heart Card Drive . She does this in remembrance of her Grandmother that died from complications related to Alzheimer's Disease. As some of you that know me or follow my blog and have seen mention of it, this hits close to home for me and my husband, as we are full time caregivers for his Mom who has this terrible disease. She is bed fast and usually does not know him as her son and to her I am the hired help that takes care of her. We are basically alone in caring for her, however we do have one shining light in our days....Rick's cousin has worked as an orderly and physical therapist at our local hospital and is now disabled, he is so good with his Aunt Polly and gives us a break once in a while so that we can get away for a few hours. I made this card with him in mind, to thank him for helping us during this trying time. We would be unable to go anywhere together without his help.
To make this even more of a celebration, Carolyn has rounded up an unbelievable amount of friends and sponsors to donate to Blog Candy to celebrate her Grandmother's Birthday and Life....around $1000 worth of product, and yes you read this correctly. Can you believe it. Please find the information and details to how you also can participate Here


My card was created with a base of Stampin' Up More mustard and I used the Thanks embossing folder by Cuttlebug to emboss my background. The ribbon is from Gina K designs. I love the labels by Spellbinders and I used Labels 2 to cut out around the oak tree image from the SU set Lovely as a Tree and layered the next size up in brown Bazzill textured card stock. Hope that you enjoy my manly thank you card and will check out this awesome blog candy. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Patti - this is a little beauty of a card! I love that ribbon and the fact that you can see it on the inside too. The die is perfect for the tree which is from one of my all time favorite SU sets! May blessings fall unpon you in immeasurable doses as you care for you MIL.

craftieodmae said...

Love the new picture at the top! this card is gorgeous too!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card. And like your new banner photo. You are a truly generous and wonderful person for caring for your MIL.

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous card, Patti! I love your blog. Your cards are beautiful...love your style! You are definitely a caring person, and I wish you and your family the best.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love the new picture at the top! You card is gorgeous, love the colors and how you have the tree slightly sponged. The ribbon is great through the slot. Have a great weekend.

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is a beautiful card - not just because of its physical beauty but because of the spirit behind it...taking care of MIL can be challenging and a blessing...have added you and DH in my prayer journal for help and wisdom and probably a dose of patience *wink..
hugs to you kid-oh
Linda