Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Stamping with Distress inks


The challenge for July at Stamplorations is to use stamps and distressing. I took it in the direction of using distress inks, I find when using the ink to stamp it gives an uneven distressed look to my images. I did a smoosh water color effect on water color paper for my tag and after it dried I started stamping my flowers and leaves. These are all from one of the newest set at Stamplorations which I just ordered, it is called Frames and Flowers. I also stamped and fussy cut some of the flowers so that I could layer them and create some dimension.

I love this layout and it is courtesy of this week's sketch challenge at The Paper Players .


For the inside I placed two of the foliage stamps on my block and created my own corner embellishment.


Although I am cutting it close on both of these challenges, you still have a couple of days to enter, why don't you join me? Thanks for the visit, hope to see you again soon.


4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!!!

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Your spray of flowers is beautiful and I love your design. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

Becca Cruger said...

Awww - this is super sweet! I love that distress ink dip that you made the tag with. Thanks for linking this up to the STAMPlorations stamps and distressing challenge.

Wei Wei said...

Very elegant and sweet card! The distress effect on the tag is really pretty. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.