Friday, April 26, 2013

Fun with Sassy Cheryl's....



Hey there friends, has Spring come to your part of the world or if you are one of my readers from the 
Lower Hemisphere, I am sure you are enjoying my other favorite season, Autumn!

My card today speaks of the hope of Spring with the monochromatic colors of Autumn.
How sweet is that?

I have been enjoying my flowers beds in my yard but alas I am not now enjoying the case of poison oak rash that I also picked up on Wednesday. Who knew all of those twigs, sticks and limbs that I raked were actually dried poison oak? Yuck, will I never learn, lol.

I am playing along with the team at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog where they are creating monochromatic cards this week. I love this image by Sassy Cheryl's "Farmer Sally", she is one of her retired images but she is bringing back some of the favorites in her Oldies but Goodies section and you never know.... 

There are two of the Sally images on sale this week and I may be going shopping after posting this.

I created the flower pot by making a top fold A2 card and measuring in the same distance from each side and then cutting from that point to a point 1 inch down from the top. I cut a rectangle which I rounded the bottom corners and then using foam dots created the top.
I love the Spectrum Noir markers and used them to color cute Sally.



My inside papers and quote are from Paula Deen papers that I bought ages ago at Michael's----love that quote, don't you? I clipped the backs of these cute flower pot and flower buttons to add to my twill.




Hope you can stop by and take a look at Sassy Cheryl's!
Now, I am off to put on some more Calagel....ooh, this itches.
Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

how cute is that!!!! Love it and that image,

Unknown said...

What a stunner! Yep. . .spring is finally here.
I just LOVE that quote. It's super perfect. . .just like your card.
Thanks for playing along with the Sassy Cheryl DT this week.

Theresa's Studio said...

Cute card! Love all the Sassy images. OH NO! Poision ivy...that's not fun! Take care.

Colleen said...

Patti,
Great design love the image. Sorry you have poison oak I'm so terribly allergic to that kind of stuff I would be covered. Take care.

jkreucher said...

One of my favorite images too!
Awesome colors and love your design!
Thanks for playing along in our Sassy challenge this week!

Ann English said...

Cute as can be both inside and out! Thank you for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl's monochromatic challenge this week!