Saturday, December 8, 2012

Stencils and Masks...


Happy Saturday my friends! 

Have you gotten all caught up in the festivities and preparations for
this wonderful season. It is hard to believe it is only a little
over two weeks away.

I have been featuring a lot of Christmas cards lately so I decided to 
make something different this week.
How about some stencils and/or masks as your tool
for this weeks creation.

How would you like to play along with us this week at Sugar Creek Hollow ?

For my birthday card I used a new template that I purchased a while ago by
The Crafter's Workshop called Birds of a Feather. I used 
Stampin' Up blue bayou to sponge the images after which
I sprayed the paper with Tattered Angels shimmer spray.

As soon as I saw this beautiful template and it's branches, birds and cages I 
remembered my Prima stamp set "Butterfly Garden" 
and this gorgeous cage stamp.
Using a stamp around the page set to create my top layer and the corner punch to make
my sentiment tag was super fun and easy.
For more inspiration be sure to stop by the SCH blog and 
see what the ladies have to show you this week.

Now I know you have some type of template in your stash or make one 
using dies to create your own design. We can't wait to see your
wonderful entries.

Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for taking the 
time to visit with me. I appreciate you one and all.

I am entering my card at:
  Alphabet Challenge Blog where V is for Vintage
  Simply Create Anything goes linky party
  Aud Sentiments Anything goes and a DT call


Card Details:
Paper:Stampin Up so saffron, Echo Park So Happy Together dsp
Ink: SU blue bayou, baja breeze,Tattered Angels Frost shimmer spray
Other: Martha Stewart Eyelet Doily punch around the page, Offray ribbon,
Fabric Outlet trim, Studio G gems, Prima stamps Butterfly Garden
Mask-The Crafter's Workshop Mini birds of a feather

                                              .

12 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love the delicate pastels, and that lovely ribbon woven into the piece. The stencil is an absolutely gorgeous one - wow!
Alison x

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Patti! Love the soft colors and beautiful details! Have a great weekend!

Meggymay said...

Wonderful card, the colour tones look beautiful and I absolutely love the bird masks.
Yvonne x

2amscrapper said...

love the color combo and effect

Lisa xx said...

Beautiful card, your stencil work looks super, thank you for joining us at aud sentiments xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card Patti, love the beautiful background. Thanks for joining in at Alphabet Challenge this week. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Pat xx

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Patti! I love the soft colors and that MS punch around the edges! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Payne Holler Cards said...

Love it's softness, just beautiful!
Can't believe Christmas is so close....gift cards are doing it for me (-:

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful technique and a gorgeous card. Love the interwoven lace on the die cut frame, wonderful work!!
hugs
Glenda

Crea-Sandra said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous layout!
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!
Hugs Sandra

Heather said...

I love the artistic look of your masking Patti! It makes a great background!! Such a lovely color palette too!!
Hugs
Heather :0)

Amelia said...

What a beautiful card and the background is so beautiful Patti. Love the soft pastel colours.
Amelia x