Thursday, September 6, 2012

Playing with papers....


Hey there .... is everyone having a wonderful week? I hope so!

I have been playing just a bit as I have been trying to get some things accomplished around the house, not nearly as much fun as crafting.

Have you been to Doodle Pantry to check out this month's latest releases
if not please do as you will love Laurie's new sets and until 
Sept 9th you will find a 35% off sale!  

This is an unusual card size for me but I have had these textured gate fold long cards by DCWV
 for quite a while and decided they would work wonderfully with my idea. 
I am using the new Holiday Joy Digi paper pack  along with a sentiment from Holly Stag. 
I printed the papers and punched a 3/4 inch square which I layered on a black and red square and layered on a piece of black card stock. 
The sentiment was cut with a oval die and layered on a scalloped one. 
Add a gold bow and ribbon and you have a fabulous card for your Christmas stash.

I simply punched a larger square which I cut on the diagonal and placed in each corner of the inside.


I hope you like my paper rich card and will give it a try. 

Don't forget to check out all of the many specials now going on at Doodle Pantry.

Happy Day!

post signature

12 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful card, Patti. Very clever and fresh design.

Colleen said...

Patti,
How fun this one is. I bet you were able to use up some scraps here.

Betty Benton said...

Love your patchwork Christmas card -- beautiful papers!

Carla S. said...

Wonderful design with the papers, Patti! Such a neat idea and a great way to use the little pieces of beautiful papers left over from card making!

Pat said...

Beautiful card with a great design, love how you have used the different papers, it goes so well with the shape of the card.

Pat xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

What a cool idea - very creative how you used the card size. Loved it!

Words and Pictures said...

Love this... sort of patchwork, but more elegant! Such a clever use of the card shape, and terrific papers!
Alison x

Glenda Atkins said...

I love your 'paper rich' card, very creative card and very beautiful too! Super inside, simple but very effective!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Lovin it ! Great way to use up those scraps...I will be casing this one for some of my Chistmas cards TFS

craftieodmae said...

OMS! This is gorgeous!!!! U so smart!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Patti! What a great idea to use the scraps! Love your gorgeous bow!

Jennie said...

Beautiful inside and out Patti and love the use of scraps!! Fun fold as well :)