Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow--Come Join Us!!


It is Saturday and that means a new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow . We have an easy one this week because it is all about Stripes and Spots.   We want to see both on your beautiful vintage, shabby chic or primitive card or other paper crafted project.

We will be choosing one random winner who will receive a digi of our choice and a winner's badge to display. The Design Team will choose one project as Card of the Week and the creator will receive a badge and will be in the running for a Guest Design spot.

As if two prizes aren't enough, don't forget that we have Christmas Blog Candy for one lucky winner to be chosen from our challenge entries between now and Christmas Eve. Just follow the challenge theme and the rules on the sidebar to submit up to 3 entries each week.

Our Design Team have created some fabulous projects this week that will be sure to inspire you. Joining us is our Guest Designer Audhild who was chosen from the September Cards of the Week. To get details of any of the projects, just click on their name and you will be taken directly to their blog.

I was so excited to create my card this week as I am playing with my new goodies from Papertrey Ink. I have stalked their blog and store for such a long time, and finally placed my first order. I couldn't resist this past month when Nicole released her new set and dies "In the Meadow". Many of you may already love and use their products, but let me just tell you that their dies are out of this world. I used the tree die, horse and sleigh, and the two different sizes of snow to create my card. I decided to let the design paper do the talking and because of that, my only stamping is done with one of the sentiments that I also purchased in the Think Big Favorites #9 set using Versamark and copper embossing powder. I can't wait to try something else using my new stamps.

Don't you just love that sentiment??? I used my Martha Stewart border punch to create some more trees along the bottom.

So glad you could visit today and hope you enjoyed my card, now get on over to the blog and check out the ladies and be sure and check out our blog candy.  Just enter a card and that Cricut may belong to you. Have a fabulous Saturday!!

I am entering this at:
Fun with Shapes and more Use 3 of something (my trees and snowdrifts)
Dutch Dare Card Challenge Use dies/punches

Card Details:
Paper: PTI vintage cream, Rubber Cottage textured ivory, DP Basic Gray "jovial"
Ink: Tim Holtz distress inks, Versamark
Other: Copper embossing powder, Martha Stewart punch, Offray lace, Jingle bells unk. PTI "In the Meadows" die set

13 comments:

marsha said...

Wow Patti! I just love your choice of papers with that fabulous horse and sleigh!
Hugs,
Marsha

Betty Benton said...

Love your striped and spotted papers and the lovely scene you created with your new dies! really liking that underscored sentiment too!!

Renee Matarese said...

What a cute scene. I love the rolling hills behind the sleigh. Pretty bow too! Have a wonderful weekend.

Heide said...

What a cute card, love the beautiful bow with jingle bells on it.

Holly Young said...

Lovely! I love the sleigh!

Audhild said...

Wow, what a pretty card! I love your colourcombination, and I can really understand why you love your new dies - they look great:-)And thank you so much for your nice words in my blog - I appreciate it a lot:-)

Colleen said...

Patti,
This one is amazing! Love those dies and sentiment.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This card certainly carries a punch... love all the die cuts! So much dimension! Love it!

CraftinGranny said...

Wow, now you've really done it.....LOL Your design of this card is amazing with such gorgeous dies and colors. Love the layers and scene you've created. Have a great weekend! "Hugs"

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is such a great card, glad you got your PTI goodies, they get addicting though :) I was eyeballing this die and you made such a great card I may have to seriously add it to my card. Have a great weekend.

Glenda Atkins said...

Patti, this is a fabulous piece of work, Love it!! Those dies are wonderful - wow!

Cec said...

This is such a great card and has a primitive feel to it. Love the dies and the lace bow. Also love the different papers you have used.
Hugs!
Cec

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh i love all the details - this is so beautiful!