Wednesday, August 17, 2011


It's another Wednesday, can you believe how fast the week's are going by? At
Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week we are using a redo of sketch 64 from last year making this Sketch 115-64 and one of my favorites by the talented Arlana.


And our fabulous sponsor for this week is Digi Stamp Boutique who is giving the grand prize winner this week, their choice of 6 of her fantastic digital images.
I created an easel card for this week's challenge using "Snow Peeps" which is a fantastic set from Digi Stamp with several elements that you can pair with the two snowmen, as well as a drift of snow. I had so much fun creating this card to show you.  I used papers that I purchased from Rubber Cottage , the white is heavily textured and the navy is speckled with white flecks. I layered a piece of light blue in as well. Don't you love that tree punch from Martha Stewart? The smaller snowflake is hers as well. I used snow glitter to dust the snow hills and then using a glue pad sparkled the snowflakes with finer white glitter.



For the inside I used the other snowman and another one of the snowflake dies from Spellbinders (the navy one is also from this set) to make my brace for the easel card. I loved glittering up these snowflakes!

Here's hoping you will stop by at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and see what my design team sisters have in store for you and that you will take the time to play along with us this week. Also be sure and stop by DSB to check out the lovely images.

I want to put a personal note here and apologize to you that I haven't been able to visit for the last couple of weeks as much as I would like, I am sorry if I have missed some of your goodies. Life has a way of complicating things and I have just not been able to take the time to visit as much as I would like to. Hopefully things will calm down and I will be able to get back in the crafting room and on the computer soon. Thanks for understanding.
Hugs to you all!

Card Details:
Paper: Rubber Cottage and Recollections
Ink: Stampin' Up markers, copics
Images: Digi Stamp Boutique "Snow Peeps"
Other: Martha Stewart tree border punch, snowflake, Spellbinders snowflake dies, MS glitter

14 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is a beauty!!!! Love the image and then all the added details, like the border punch and the inside is amazing. Gorgeous and makes me want winter to break this heat.

Colleen said...

Patti,
No winter wanted here yet. But I can still make Christmas cards! LOL These images are just adorable, love your easel cards great details.

mulberry station said...

I am so getting in the mood for winter cards. Patti, this card is just adorable. I am going to have to make an easel card sometime. This one is just precious. Have a wonderful week.
Hugs, Nancy

CraftinGranny said...

Such a cute and adorable card Patti. Love all those snowflakes. The inside of the card is just beautiful Patti. Had to go back through your blog to see what I'd missed and that green bird card is just so cute. Congrats on the DT spot at SSW, didn't know that until reading this post. I apologize for being so far behind hun. Not sure I'm ever going to get caught up with everyone but I'm trying. Thanks Patti for stopping by my blog and the always sweet and kind comments. I so value your friendship and kindness. Have a wonderful weekend ahead. "Love & Hugs" Carol

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh I love snowmen - this is tooo cute!!!

never ever worry about me and your commenting - i knows ya luv me (-:
I worry about YOU and hope life slows down very soon...big hug GF!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Awww this is super adorable! I think we've all had a very busy summer... sometimes life just happens!

Anonymous said...

I want this one if it is for sale!! Your #1 fan

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is really sweet, Patti! I have to giggle at how many people are doing snowmen. Must be this hot summer weather.

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas card, love the snowman image and all the gorgeous snowflakes.

Pat xx

Kathie said...

Hi Patti, love your Christmas card this week, just adore the colours and this is a really cute image. That tree punch from Martha Stewart is great, you'll get heap of use from it. Love your snow crystals for your embellishments. Take care and have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, this is soo cute!! What a gorgeous holiday card!!

Jeannie said...

Such a sweet little snowman and I really like the tree border and all of the snowflakes!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Genevieve said...

Gorgeous card & adorable little snowman, the wee trees & snowflakes are so pretty :)

Tc
Genevieve

Sharon Basel said...

This is such a sweet card. I love the Christmas tree punch you used as part of the sketch - very clever. The snowman is just cute as can be.
Hugs,
Sharon :)